Methylene chloride paint stripper killed their kids. They fought back.

Kevin Hartley with his dog, Chevelle. He died at 21 in 2017 while refinishing a bathtub with a methylene chloride product.

This story was published in partnership with theCenter for Public Integrity, a nonprofit newsroom that investigates inequality.

A bathtub. A floor. A bike. The items Kevin Hartley, Drew Wynne and Joshua Atkins had been working on at the time of their deaths less than 10 months apart varied, but what cut their lives short was the same: a chemical in paint strippers and other products sold in stores nationwide.

In their grief and horror, their families vowed to fight like heck to keep methylene chloride from killing again.

Get it off the shelves. Ban it. 

Related Posts

Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Journey Blog by Crimson Themes.